The question is often asked, why would I want to be bothered writing a lot of articles to put on the internet? How can doing this really benefit my online business? The answer is simple: Unless you have a million dollar budget and can pay large amounts of money for PPC traffic you need a method of getting large amounts of free, targeted traffic. The best way to do this is by using article marketing. Article marketing not only ensures that you are targeting your traffic to your own niche but also has a number of other important benefits such as gaining google page rank and increasing the number and quality of backlinks. These are 2 of the most important factors in increasing your search engine ranking and delivering more free “organic” or keyword search driven traffic.
Is Article Marketing Effective and is it easy to apply? Basically, Yes, it is if you have studied the guidelines and have a grasp of the basics. Below you will see some important points that will get you started on the right track to implementing a successful article marketing campaign.
1. Have a thorough knowledge of your Internet Business It is absolutely necessary that you have a complete understanding of how your industry works and what you wish to achieve with it. Once you understand this you can then implement an effective article marketing campaign and attract the right type of visitors and turn them into clients.
2. Do a thorough keyword research. Speaking of keywords, create a keyword list starting with the most important ones first. This is important because these are the keywords that you would definitely want to use in search engine raking results. For example, if people are looking for “dog medicine” and your business is all about medicines for dogs and other pets, you certainly want your web site to show in the first page results of the search. This will increase the chances of people looking for a dog medicine to click on your site and buy their pet’s medicine from you.
3. Write well crafted and interesting content for your articles. It is important that you write compelling content that grabs the focus and attention of your readers. If your readers simply skip over the article it is unlikely that you have succeeded in your mission. Make sure that your articles are focused and concise. Don’t try to cover every keyword relating to your niche, limit it to just one or two.
4. Submit your article to article directories. When you are done with your article, submit it to article directories where other webmasters can find it and use that article on their own web sites. You definitely want this to happen because it will increase the number of links pointing to your own web site. This is achieved through the link that you will be leaving within the article resource box at the end of the article which is a standard among article directories.
5. Promote your articles. To increase the volume of traffic gained by your article you need to promote as best you can. This is perhaps the most important factor in conducting an article marketing campaign. For your article to produce results you need people to read it. This part is the most tedious but necessary part of the article marketing campaign. You can however decide to outsource this process if you have the means and resources to do so.
For more information on article marketing and how it can benefit your business, make sure you check Mark Farrar’s excellent free report on How to Use Article Marketing, and our Planet Article – Article Directory